MARTYRDOM

Martyrdom Of Malkara

Şehitlik Abidesi, located on the hill at İncebey in the Camiatik neighborhood, was built for our 263 innocent citizens martyred by Bulgarians in 1912. The so-called garrison of the butcher Mahmut, where our citizens were martyred, was organized as a park in a manner worthy of Malkara and was opened for public visit, compiled between 1957-1960, the end of the Malkara Military Service Branch's efforts and the mosque's support. The surrounding area is decorated with flowers and roses, and it was the most visited place of the people of the region with the surrounding walls and the trees built by the municipality in 1968. Between 1972 and 1975, a lot of visits and resting tea stalls were introduced. In 1976, on the request of the martyrs Abide, lighted by the public as a martyr Park was given to the service.
Before 1912 II. Mahmut Bey Veled-i Kasap who lived during the time of Murat is understood from the ages and written sources that the mosque is here. The butcher Mahmut mosque was burned and destroyed during the wars, and it was completely up in time.
Malkara county has given many martyrs to this homeland for centuries. During the battles of the Balkans, during the war of the Dardanelles, and during the national struggle, many Balkan people gave their lives for the sake of the nation and the nation. Like every corner of our saint's home, Malkara is a district of holy soil that has been irrigated with the blood of our neighboring lands. The meaning of the martyrs who gave many martyrs throughout history, especially during the Balkan War, is quite different.

a) Balkan War's Martyrdom

In 1912, at the end of the first period of the Balkan war, Malkara was occupied by the Bulgarian 4th Army Corps. The Bulgarian armies entered Malkara in the direction of Reality Fountain on the way to the old Kalivye (Gonence). The Turks who had a fight between Bulgarian militia and Turkish youth who bothered Turkish youths living in the city kahveler for no reason, beat the Bulgarians badly. Then, on 7th November 1912, the 1st day of the Kurban Bayram, the Bulgarian Gazi Süleyman Pasha Mosque took the congregation, which had fallen in the Bayram prayer, while leaving the camp, brought it to where it was still martyrdom and lined up 263 innocent citizens.
The place where the 263 citizens were martyred was called as the mound of Kasap Mahmut, the end of the efforts of the President of the Malkara Military Service Branch and the mosque of the municipality was compiled between 1957 and 1960 and organized as a martyrdom park in a manner worthy of Malkara.
In 1968, this park was named as Şehitler Abidesi and walls were built around the Municipality.

 

Back to top